Psychedelic and other transformational medicine experiences can provide meaningful insights and healing. Yet their ultimate impact is determined by how we integrate these insights into our lives.
Reconsider has developed an Integration Framework that touches on all aspects of how we live our lives and the choices we make that help co-create the world we live in.
Belonging & Connection
In our vast landscape of cultures, it’s important to create a place of curiosity, tolerance, acceptance, respect, honor and yes, love. Belonging is the way we understand our connection to one another in the cosmos. From this sense of belonging, we can consciously co-create a world we all feel at home in. Even as individuals, we are part of a greater whole.
We Are Curious
- How can psychedelics create this sense of belonging and connection?
- How can they be used to shed light on and treat traumas that feed a sense of separation?
- What are ways to help people find their own state of belonging and hold it for others?
What are the ways that you connect with self, with community, with nature and the ancestors Practice self acceptance & giving support to others to do the same. Celebrating diversity as the way to “belong.” Gather in community, sharing yourself, give, receive, and listen. Reaching out to others and touching one another’s lives in a positive way.
Regeneration of Culture & Ecology
Ecological and Cultural regeneration creates harmony with the world around us, each other, and our planet; a process important to both our personal and planetary health. Our extractive patterns and scarcity-based approach is leading us to complete depletion. A shift in consciousness, facilitated through the use of psychedelics and other transformational medicines, may prove to be core to our survival on the planet.
We Are Curious
- How do we identify ways of supporting and building programs that can restore the ecosystems (biomes) and communities (ethnomes)?
- What is a way to establish metrics for reciprocity between psychedelic ventures (R&D+I, Products, Services, etc), and the communities and cultures of knowledge that serve them, developing certification for these intentional products?
- How do we provide opportunities for cultures to return to their roots and understand our shared relationship on this planet and our place as human beings as a part of nature?
All of us come from cultures that were connected with nature and the land. In that way, we are indiginous. Reconnecting to that relationship is healing. Recycling, becoming educated, joining local organizations that are working on environmental issues model that connection. Keeping our kids connected is a part of passing on a culture of connection. What have you created or are leaving for the seven generations beyond you? Some of these gifts can be very small like planting native trees, picking up trash on the beaches, parks, rivers and living in harmony with life. Falling back in love with our world, not just by passive appreciation but engaging in meaningful actions and high impact initiatives is how we honor our shared home.
Intercultural Integrity & Integration
The inclusion, respect and integration of multiple worldviews is not only just, it is for our greater good. Many cultural views have been demeaned and disregarded. Within our experience of life’s complexity, a worldly collective understanding is possible. The importance of integrating world views lies in the allowance of diverse perspectives, compassion, connection, and collaboration. Intercultural integrity is a quality and an ongoing process that holds space for both human commonalities and multigenerational experiential uniqueness. With a deep reverence for true wisdom within all cultures.
We Are Curious
- How do we shape a narrative that includes the thousands of cultures represented in this world, and what roles can psychedelics play in this process?
- What are ways to integrate personal insights obtained from the use of psychedelics into our communities?
- What are the benefits from a multicultural perspective and how do we maintain, celebrate, and co-create our diversity and understanding of oneness without cultural or identity erasure?
- How do we identify cultural intersections in terms of Respect, Disrespect, and Power Dynamics?
Making cultural diversity a priority and expanding our scope of friendships enhances a respect for our diversity. Creating a willingness to do things differently and even feel uncomfortable if needed. Attend diverse cultural gatherings and show respect for other worldviews. Invite people of other cultures into our personal cultural events. Embody and rediscover the wisdom of all of our native roots, recognising our own “originary” nature & culture.
Decision Making & Policy
Systems are made of individuals. To shift systems we must shift individual mindsets. Individual values, core assumptions, and decision making impact societal norms and infrastructure. The upholding of societal norms is at the core of our current policies. These policies get their power from our prevailing societal narratives, and in turn, dictate our entire human experience. Antiquated policies restrict more conscious ways of living today. Our shifting perspective, and active education can and will change these policies.
We Are Curious
- How do we address Religious Rights, Decrim, Legalization, Medical Use and more in a comprehensive and collectively respectful way?
- How do we practice accountability in the psychedelic community, in terms of power sharing and what does this look like on an individual and societal level?
- What policy changes are needed on local, national, and global levels?
- What roles can individual messaging and media play in effecting change and how do we identify core groups that can influence decisions, and support them with messaging?
Where are you spending your time, energy and money? What are you valuing? Awareness of what ideas or thoughts are at the base of our decision making and evaluating where these ideas come from is key. Engaging with our personal decisions with awareness and educating ourselves around the “policies” that are governing us and the world around us including all of nature is key to what we create. Reconsidering the natural elements as the source, not only as resources. Innovating in the ways we conceive policies and their applications including our policies around drugs and mental health.
Growth & Livelihood
We live on a planet with finite resources, yet we maintain a mindset fueled by a mentality of rapid growth at all costs. Our existing approach to business is devoid of compassion and care for humanity and life at large. We will not survive without a shift. We have reached a tipping point. We urgently need to shift our consciousness and develop new systems of growth and business that prioritize regeneration.
We Are Curious
- How can we create systems and businesses that value inner regeneration and collaborate to support a global societal and environmental outer regeneration?
- How do we manifest the dream of what can be created within the psychedelic field?
- How do we support people who are looking for purposeful jobs to connect with companies who are creating them? (especially our youth)
- How do we fundamentally change our mindsets around the need for money to sustain life at the cost of extraction on this planet?
Living in harmony is living in alignment with our lives. Evaluating where you are investing your time, capital and energy is empowering. What values are leading the way you live your life? Who and what is benefiting from your decisions? Does it benefit humanity and this planet in a sustainable way? Do you feel inspired by what you are doing, who you are being?
Education & Inspiration
Psychedelic education begins with the work of personal alignment and can greatly benefit from communal learning opportunities. Reconsider holds that the process is the project and that inspiring one another to grow and learn more about ourselves and the world around is an important element of integration. Reconsider focuses on education that supports diverse ways of learning and understanding both the use of psychedelics, and an expansive multicultural approach to health, wellness and relationship to life. By honoring and sharing the knowledge from many great teachers, and giving them a platform to share and exchange their wisdom, we gift generations to come.
We Are Curious
- What are ways of creating communities of integrative learning?
- What is a business model that can address the diverse needs of a program?
- How do we create a platform with which to share powerful voices from amazing teachers? What are ways that we can support their gifts and provide them with shared benefits?
- How do we build a community of guides that allows for continued learning and evolution?
- What do the various cultures need to feel supported in this process? ( i.e. opportunities to lead, culturally specific trainings, ways to educate others on their particular perspective).
Create an awareness of the intention behind the methods and materials we use to educate ourselves and question our own views. Take time to look at the complexity behind things and look to view from multiple perspectives. What is directing your compass for life? What is vital to learn and to teach? How can we remember our own wisdom of life itself and normalize the inner guidance and support this way of creating in the generations to come? Who do you help support in sharing their wisdom and who do you allow to help you?
Research & Innovation
Reconsider envisions a new paradigm beyond the existing one that is often brain-based, pathologizing, and mostly profit driven. Reconsider’s research is based on exploring how psychedelic medicines and sacraments can better attend to individuals’ need to reconnect through the processing of traumas and greater personal insights. In doing so, Reconsider facilitates the communal and social transformation of our cultures, ecology, and overall alignment.
We Are Curious
- What are the questions, in terms of environment, food, and relationships to others, that lead to our understanding of a shift in consciousness?
- What are the research areas Reconsider should seek to address?
- In what ways should ceremonial uses of psychedelics be studied by western science?
- In what ways can psychedelic research help inform and serve humanity?
What are we exploring and curious about that we can find new exciting ways and ideas? What are we doing differently that is making life more interesting? What things are we developing and how are we going about it? How are we allowing ourselves to think outside the box? How do we play with new ideas? What kind of values and horizons are we creating by the existing research projects and experiments? Are there other subjectivities, epistemologies and ontologies more coherent than the usual cartesian/mechanistic ones? Shall we redesign the bases from where we are exploring and for what?
Sacred & Oneness
The core of all religions leads us back to the mystery and the honoring of life itself. Our individual lives are each an expression of this relationship to life and we honor the connection that plants and psychedelics give us in our reconnection to this relationship. Our work is to integrate the guidance that we are given and to grow, both personally and collectively, in collaboration with this inner guidance.
We Are Curious
- Are we making choices from a perspective of the wellbeing of the collective we?
- Do we see others as competition or as “a part of us” who we want to support in living to their fullest potential?
- Are we able to transcend egoism, trauma and our many roles to work and play on behalf of a more whole and healthy shared reality?
- What is our capability of understanding the messages of nature?
In what ways do you cultivate your relationship to others and nature and what practices have you explored and developed? How often do you occupy the space of oneness on a daily basis? What are ways that you show appreciation of life and for life and what are the ways that you use to bring you back to remembering this connection,